Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a 1:8 614_14a and a 2023_14P on my LCD display and

Customer Question

I have a 1:8 614_14a and a 2023_14P on my LCD display and the A/C light is on. The A/C system has been charged by my coworkers using the Robinaire A/C machine and the A/C light continues to remain on after its reset. To reset it were disconnecting the battery cables, waiting 30 seconds and recconnecting again. No A/C leaks have even detected during the leak test.
It's a 2010 IHC with an 8.7 L engine
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1: 8
613_14AThat's the code I meant to write, not 614
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
150: 2
2023_14PThat's the other code
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

613_14a is active code for blend door motors. One of the blend doors is broken, jammed, or defective. It is best to remove them one by one and look at them. They break over time.

2023_14 Instrument cluster fault for EGC gauge location 10 Secondary Air Pressure Gauge data unavailable to Primary EGC (110) or Secondary EGC (210) On vehicles with air brakes this is the secondary air gauge. On vehicles with hydraulic brakes this can be any optional gauge. This code is inactive. If all your gauges are working, I would ignore it. It is most likely a hiccup.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The new active code is (1: 7 613_14A)
What does this code mean.
Also will a bad blend door on an international make the A/C light go off because you didn't mention why my A/C light might be constant on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.

Yes, the blend door will cause the light to be on and stay on. once you swap it out, the light will go off.

Here is how to read the code. It is the blend door code. The "1: 7" Stands for 1 code, 7 times occurred. The "613" is A/C, "14" is blend door, and the "A" is active code.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay the mechanics I work with are convinced the blend doors are fine. Yesterday I swapped the actuators around and they all seemed to be functioning properly. None of them seemed stuck or jammed. However, the A/C light continues to go off and we're still reading the same code I told you about. Now I'm starting to get worried because one individual I work with decided that the solution is to swap Body modules (below ECM plug in) with another truck (same model) and that was going to fix it! I wasn't too happy when I heard he went and did that. No to mention, he never disconnected the batteries before disconnecting and installing the modules. Hipefully this doesn't create more problems for this truck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The VIN is 1HTWGADT0BJ383633
Model 7400 SBA 6 x 4
DATE MFG. 09-2010
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lastly I forgot to ask you earlier how many blend door motor actuators are there and where is the cabin air (recirculating air) blend door actuator located at. I specifically ask about this one in particular because I don't hear it operating when I switch the A/C to max A/C mode. If I'm not mistaken, shouldn't I hear it actuate when I switch the blend controls from Normal A/C to MAX A/C? You tell me
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.

Yes. that actuator is the one outside the vehicle. Go to passenger side under the hood. Behind the air filter, on the driver side of the air box. There is a actuator there that should open and close the outside filter blend door for the max A/C and regular A/C. If that isn;t working, that is the actuator not working.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't find it anywhere. Can you send me a picture or give me a better description of where it is
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.

Stand on the passenger tire.

Look down into the cowl where the filter is in front of the windshiled, above the wiper. The A/C filter, not the engine filter.

That is the air box. If you look in that you will see the flap door. Now on the right side of that box where the flap is, that is where the acuatort will line up at. Lean to the driver side wo be able to see just passed that box, put your hand up in there and you should be able to feel the actuator on the outside of the box.

I will see if I can pull a picture for you. Be right back. I'm going to look on the International site for it.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.

I think I'm getting your truck confused with the older model.

The VIN has whis on on the inside. You have the 3 actuator syatem internal on this one. I am uploading the info for it now.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.

Replace that one and see what you get.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.

I have to go back in the field to finish a repair I've been working on. I'll check back on this one when I can.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay so I did find and replace the door actuator but the illustration you provided must have been for a different year or model truck because it was located on the side of the cabin air filter like u originally tried explaining to me but it wasn't bolted to the outside of the cabin air box. I had to remove a protective cover that set flush with the air box first. It was held in place by three Torx bolts and once that cover was removed I was able to reach in there and feel the actuator in there. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know if I have the light come back on but it's been running for thirty minutes now and still no light. Fingers crossed
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.

The info pulled up via the VIN so that really confused me for I never rembered being in the location prer the pic on that year. They did switch it up in the last 2 years so the ISIS program may have the wrong year in it.

I don't think you have any other issues with it.

Have a good day!

Ps, don't forget the rate above for how I did.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's been running now for about two hours and still no issues! I think it worked. Thanks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.

You're welcome.