Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I am scratching my head. Have a 2ws33273 cat that hd a leak

Customer Question

I am scratching my head.
Have a 2ws33273 cat that hd a leak at the front cover and number 3 hole went down on me. I replaced all 6 cylinder packs with heavy duty gold kit. Pete told me it was the kit designed for heavy haulers.
I marked all the gears on the front from crank up thru the idler and to cam gear.
Put back together and something is not right. The marks are lined up, yet when i went to roll her to pin the flywheel she rolled until the number 6 intake goes down and she stops solid. I can tell the 6 is making contact with the piston. When i take the rack loose on the back and let the valve come up, she will roll on over .
How can this be if all my marks line up on the gears just as they did before i took it apart
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

When you lined up the timing mark on the cam with the dimple on the front cover at 12 o'clock, did you have a bolt in the flywheel?