spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

Went to turn off Freightliner Columbia and key would not

Customer Question

Went to turn off Freightliner Columbia and key would not shut off truck. We changed switch and that was not problem
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.

Good morning, sorry for delay, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

What is engine,and vehicle, model and serial numbers?

It sounds like ignition power to the engine ecm is not turning off like it is supposed to, try removing one relay at a time until engine shuts down,the contacts in relay may be welded together not releasing ignition power,then swap that relay with a like relay to confirm engine now shuts off.

If you can't find it that way I will need all those numbers,,,Also is only the engine not shutting off or the entire cab?

Thanks