Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter
30303843

I have a 2007 international 4300 dt466e that has AC issues.

Customer Question

I have a 2007 international 4300 dt466e that has AC issues. Originally the dash "check AC" light was on and it only blew out the defrost vents. I replaced the blend door actuator and it now works correctly. The code I pulled when I scanned it was 1:4.613 14a. I checked the high and low psi and on the day I checked them the psi readings I had were 40 psi low / 170 psi hi at 75 deg. The air coming out of the dash vents on max AC was 60 deg. And I was happy with that and left it. Now 1 day later the actuator still works good but AC only blows 80 deg air out the vents on max. I checked the psi again and they are 50 psi low / 275 psi high at 90 deg. When I check the temperature control knob on the dash from cold to hot it works properly. But I can not get it to blow any colder then 80 deg. But it does blow hot 125-135 deg when set to hot. Once I turn it back to the coldest setting on AC max it still will not go below 80 deg. My thoughts are either a stuck temperature blend door or a bad compressor. Not sure why it blew 60 deg air one day and then 80 the next. I also evacuated the freon and recharged the system and still the same issues. I'm not sure but I think it holds 1.8 lbs of freon. Is this correct? And another think to mention is that the compressor does shut off when you turn the dash knob off and turns on when you turn the knob on. Kinda lost here now. Could it have anything to do with the evaporator sensor? Thanks scott
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** i will assist you.

I see you requested another expert on this, but I don't show him as being online and I see this is marked as a urgent. If you want to wait for him, please advise and I can put this back on the board for him. Otherwise if you want another expert that knows the vehicle, I can assist.

You stated the temp was 60 on day and now 80 today. What is the outside air temp?

On the A/C refrigerant, check the manufacturer date. If built prior to 3/2007 you want 1.9 lbs in system. If built after 3/2007, you want 2.3 lbs in system.

Have you opened the system and check the orifice tube for metal, blockages, etc? I ask because the compressor is showing signs, based on your info, that it is working because you are up to 275 psi on the head, but the suction is only at 50 which is a indicator of a possible blockage.

Now if you wish to wait for Andy, which he should be on soon for I have seen him on in the mornings, then take a look at that orifice tube (if the pressure is right) while you wait or add the additional amount that you are short and I can opt out. This will give some steps to look at while you wait.

Otherwise if you want to continue with me, please reply that you want to continue and I can give some other checks before ruling on the compressor being the issue.

Just please advise which way you want to go.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.

Did you need any more assistance with this?

Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.

Hi there ! My name is ***** ***** Do you need help with this ? it's right up my alley.