Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

If I turn my truck up and I run it at 75 mph. 1700 rpm all

Customer Question

If I turn my truck up and I run it at 75 mph. 1700 rpm all day will it hurt it and if not what about 1800 at 80
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

No. Turning the speed up will not hurt the engine. The speed limits are set by the owner to control the truck from going faster than they would like. Turning up the speed to 75 or 80 will not hurt the engine.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just to make sure even at 1800 it won't hurt it Cummins isx
Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 years ago.

No sir it will not. If there was a chance of hurting the engines. They would not even allow it to be programmed for that.

Only thing you may notice is the engine will use more fuel at higher speeds.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 years ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.