Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Mr. CatMan, I'm having trouble communicating and getting a

Customer Question

Mr. CatMan, I'm having trouble communicating and getting a truck to crank. Peterbilt with a BXS engine. I have narrowed my problem down to pin 70. Im not getting any voltage there. All my fuses that I can find are good, ignition relay and key switch seem to be working fine. Can you tell me the first place that wire from pin 70 goes to as it will be very difficult to strip the harness where it is located. Im gonna begin checking continuity with you can tell me where the wire runs to. I will appreciate any help you can provide.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

You may want to check for fuses in the battery box. I have seen some KW and Peterbilts have a fuse there.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did check those and all seem to be good.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the information.

Then I must suspect a broken wire on pin 70. If all the fuses and relays are good. A broken wire in the harness must be the issue.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you tell me where 70 goes when it leaves the ecm?

Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 years ago.

Sorry. I can not. I'm not sure where it goes. I would suspect straight to the fuse.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 years ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.