Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 5EK 3406E and I just did an overhead and changed

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a 5EK 3406E and I just did an overhead and changed fuel filters and now its running very rough and throwing me a code 73. I took the middle valve cover off and wiggled the injector wires a lil n then it was fine when I restarted it. I shut it off and now when I start it again its just as rough, if not more. I took it for a spn down the road for a couple miles n under load its way worse. Seems very apparent I have a fuel issue, but not sure what to do.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try and help. Fault code 73 is for injector circuit 3 and 4. Check the injector harness and connector pins for damage and a potential harness issue. If the harness checks ok try moving the injectors to another location to see if the problem moves with them. Fault 72 would be for 1 and 2 and 74 for 5 and 6. If the fault remains as code 73 with a good harness and the injectors swapped with 1 and 2 for example you would have a problem with the injector drivers in the ECM and the ECM would need to be replaced. Let me know.