Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

My names and I'm having trouble with a 09 Freightliner

Customer Question
Hi my names Chris and...
Hi my names Chris and I'm having trouble with a 09 Freightliner Cascadia, it won't perform a parked regen.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
8/25/2015
Technician: cumminsdr, Mechanic replied 7 years ago
cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic

What is the engine serial number?

79382556
Esn # *****

Ok first thing I see is your regen inhibit switch is turned on this is located on the dash and stops the regen process and is fault 2777 Particulate Trap Active Regeneration Inhibited Due to Inhibit Switch - Condition Exists. Regeneration of the diesel particulate filter has been prevented due to the permit switch being on. please double check the switch and use insite to start the regen process. if possible with your insite version.

I pulled inhibit switch out and replaced with another switch then hooked insight up and checked switch. Inhibit switch status is off and comes on when switch is pushed on.Codes 2639 and 2777 remain active.

Do you have Insite PRO version?

Did you try to start the regen thru Insite?

it won't build up temps, inlet and DOC temps were 550 °and outlet temp around 580°won't build up heat and only codes 2639 and 2777.I have Insight pro version

Thats good. Insite will override the switch for you Are you stopping the regen because you see low temps? You will always have 2639 active after a filter cleaning or replacement. It means that is the first stage and will not stop a regen/ Please reset all again but this time do the DPF and DOC separate do not select ALL. Than reset the DPF under aftertreatment maintenance due to replacing the dpf . . Not building heat for the regen is caused by a failed turbo, or aftertreament injector. The wrong DPF , and a few other things .Or you may have underlying engine issues too.

Hooked up Insight and went to aftertreatment maintenance to reset DOC and DPF hit the reset and insight tells me reset operation is only required when fault code 1922 is active and won't reset either DOC or DPF.I know you told me to reset DOC and DPF individually but I just tried to reset All and insight worked ?

What version of Insite do you have? I never saw that before. Under advanced ECM DATA. go to aftertreatment maintenance You have already done ALL retry them separate . Than go to Aftertreatment Maint filter installation still under Advanced ECM data perform that reset. Then perform a regen and let it go Do not stop it at all if it fails it will throw a code. and we can keep going. If it is not building heat we need to suspect the turbo,actuator or AT injector. Please just let it regen and see where we it will assist me since I am not there to see for my self.

The codes will not go inactive until a regen is completed.

Have Insight pro 8.0.3.142 did reset and regen and code 1664 is active. Had DOC cleaned at dealership when I changed DPF filter.

Ok this means The electronic control module (ECM) detects that the aftertreatment diesel oxidation catalyst inlet temperature sensor and the aftertreatment diesel particulate filter inlet temperature sensor are reading the same temperature during an active regeneration of the aftertreatment system.This fault code becomes active when the aftertreatment diesel oxidation catalyst inlet and aftertreatment diesel particulate filter inlet temperature sensors do not detect the presence of a catalyst in the aftertreatment system. This can be caused by tampering with the catalyst system, the catalyst has been removed from the vehicle, or a damaged catalyst.

I would try recalbrating the ECM first before replacing components of the AT system

Do you need more assistance? Please don't forget to rate my service.

Hi just following up. Do you need more assistance? Please don't forget to rate my service.

Please don't forget to rate my service

Hi just following up. Do you need more assistance? Please don't forget to rate my service. Thank you for allowing Just Answer to assist