Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I am looking at a boat with a CAT 3412e with 1400hp. It has

Customer Question

I am looking at a boat with a CAT 3412e with 1400hp. It has 12000 hours on it so I assume it needs to be rebuilt. What is the cost to rebuild one ot these if you do an inframe rebuild? can you break down parts and labor? I know these are just round numbers but would like to be close.
Thanks,
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for asking your question and requesting me. I will try and help you out.
Overhauling one of these will run you between 40000 to 45000 dollars. Not all dealer labor rates are the same so the price may vary. Unfortunately I do not have all the part numbers to break down the cost but this would normally be an 80 hour job.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.