Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Customer Question
Hi...
Hi
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
8/10/2015
Technician: tkman55, Mechanic replied 2 years ago
tkman55
tkman55, Mechanic
how may I help you
I a working on a Thermo King T series freezer.
Unit is plug into electrical power, but nothing displace on control pannel, and there is non of the led on print circuit board is on ( it seem like it does not get power to the board).
I checked the power to phase selector (PS),and I have lines voltage to the PS.
Can you help me, guide me to troubleshoot this problem

is the unit working in diesel mode

It is currently only hook up to electrical, no diesel
Is there a transformer to convert lines voltage to feed 12v dc to power the PCB?

I am having difficulty with the model of your unit this is a unit mounted on a truck box that has a diesel motor in it bear with me as to how to troubleshoot your problem I need to know which book to look in for the right operating systems

most TK units use a rectifier to change line voltage DC voltage a T-200 truck unit has a phase line voltage that makes sure the elect motor turns in the right direction is this a 3 phase motor

Unit will turn on if I manually pressed in the contacts

ok so you know that your line voltages are ok then this is a control problem start by pressing the reset button on the panel or the overload contactor also check the 12 volt circuit breakers for voltage it is hooked up to a 12 volt battery correct

It hooked up to 12v battery.
I will check it later.
I am getting ready to go home so if I don't answer your question until morning please understand
Ok, thank you
let me know if you still need help
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I can't see, touch, smell, hear, or
taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.
The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.
I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
for negative and no ratings I just get nothing.
I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow ups
for same question are always free.
Thanks,
I do not see the reset on the board
Where is the overload contactor
I have power to the controler display now, but it i blinking

ok turn the display on if it is blinking then press the select key the number on the display is an alarm remember the alarm number then press the enter key to clear the alarm do this repeatedly until the screen quits blinking if the alarm keeps coming back then let me know what number it is so I can help you

All codes are cleared.
Unit is runing.
What is the ideal vapor and liquid pressure for this T series thermo king freezer

the pressures will vary first is this R404A in the system? at 80F or26.7C the hi pressure is around 270psig the suction pressure is at 20 to 30psig there is a receiver tank by the compressor and it has a sight glass with a ball inside with the unit in cool mode that ball should be floating near the top of the sight glass if not you may be low on freon

You are talking about 80 F box?
It shows code 38 for every 15 or 30 minutes.
There is one occasion it keeping show code 38 every 1 minute
you need to swap to of the hi voltage lines so it will turn in the correct rotation if that doesn't solve your problem then your phase selector located on the circuit board is bad
It has been running fine since yesterday without any wire swapped or replaced new phase selector.
Does the low battery voltage made the unit giving the alarm code 38?
Right now The screen displaces the battery icon on the lower corner.

that is the electric mode icon and should be displayed when you plug into shore power source sounds like you figured it out good

tkman55
tkman55
tkman55, Mechanic