spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

Im having problems with no data link on my 2007 century

Customer Question

im having problems with no data link on my 2007 century class freightliner wen it rains or get wett
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
Check all the two wire plugs going from engine ecm,,,trans ecm,,and abs ecm,,into to cab.
All these data link wire plugs will have a twisted pair of wires going from each part to the main controller inside cab called a sam module,,any moisture,corrosion, or rubbed through wires will affect data stream and cause fault.
You first want to inspect plug very closely for bent pins or corrosion than check wiring inch by inch,,I know its a pain in the butt but you have a poor connection on one of these data wire connections.
Check all pass through connectors of firewall going into cab,,if any plugs are open clean and cover to prevent a leak path on data link.
Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
A rating is required. You’re rating my personal service to you, not Just Answer. I am not an employee of this website, nor do
I have control over the fees or the time it took for you to get a response. I respond as soon as I see the questions in the order
that I receive them when I am online.
Also rating does not close your question, it just assures Just answer credits me,,, has nothing to do with you.You can continue
to follow up as long as needed even after rating
Thanks spanky