spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

International will not stay running. I changed fuel filter

Customer Question

International will not stay running. I changed fuel filter and air filter. While in gear on street it shu t down, also has low power
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
This sounds like you have either a blockage or its sucking air before your fuel transfer pump, it will cause both your issues.
You should have two fuel filters, please make sure you changed both of them.If you changed both please disregard.
Take and make up a test fuel line and install on inlet of transfer pump and run directly into a clean bucket of fuel (plastic 5 gallon bucket works well) prime system and test to see if it runs better ,,if it does you have a leaking or plugged line before transfer pump.
this is a very common problem that will cause your issues.
You also want to test air to air cooler and piping for any leaks, if boost pressure is low.
Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts (me) receive any credit/earnings for spending time with customers, is if you click OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT SERVICE.
You have made a deposit or are a subscription customer, you still MUST COMPLETE THE RATING for the expert to receive any credit.
If you get an error screen or are unsure if the rating completed, please respond and let me know or try again.
Thanks
spanky
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm just following up to see if you were satisfied with my answer.
Please keep in mind that even though you have already paid your deposit money
over to JustAnswer, or you may be a subscriber, until you rate me highly for my service,
I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.
Thanks
spanky