Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Have a 99 fld ac is colder in the front than rear

Customer Question

Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Is this air difference in a running engine at highway or idling truck? If idling, have you tried to raise the idle? How much of a difference is there in temp? Has the air box been checked to make certain everything is sealed? If all these check out, check the expansion valve and see that the temps are different after passing them. You can see the lines under the cab. You want one good and cold and the other warm when it leaves the evaporator. If you are good and cold going into the valve and evaporator, the other isn't warm, then the expansion valve is most likely at fault. What you want is the cold going in and the warm coming out. If it feels cold going in and cool coming out, the valve isn;t allowing the refrigerant to flow. If both are only cool, the issue is with the orifice tube on the front not allowing the correct mix to happen. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will check and keep you posted
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.
Let me know what you find. Thanks.