Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Turbo blew, oil not cleaned out of air cooler, truck over ran. speed sensor out of line,

Customer Question

Turbo blew, oil not cleaned out of air cooler, truck over ran. speed sensor out of line, I realigned cams and crank, code is gone.
still wont ever try to start. I check fuel pressure 135 at cranking. Will run on starter fluid. Very little fuel smoke when cranking.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 2 years ago.
You need to check the overhead it most likely bent the valves and contacted the Pistons. It's not that simple to fix a over sped engine. Then you need to check all of the rod and main bearings for damage too
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I checked overhead, valves not bent. why wont it even try to start.....only with starting fluid????????????????????
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I checked overhead, valves not bent. Why wont it even attempt to start .........only with starter fluid??????????????????
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 2 years ago.
Is it spinning fast enough? Did you use the correct wedges when you timed the whole engine ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes to both questions.