go-west..
go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.
35815791

When I push the yellow tractor brake

Customer Question

When I push the yellow tractor brake button on my 2002 Volvo truck tractor the brakes do not release and air exhausts from the Wabco 5000 valve. Part #(###) ###-#### ***** have changed the valve and that did not help. Any ideas?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this does your dash valves have 3 buttons Red,Yellow,Blue or just the 2 Red,Yellow, let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Red and Yellow
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that Ok, that is where your problem is in the dash valve ass'yI suggest you replace that to cure the problem If this Helped you please Rate My Answer 3 stars or moreIf you need more infoUse the request Button, not a Poor/Bad Rating Thank You Wayne
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not believe it was the dash valve. I had asked the local dealer and they said to check a relay valve for air supply and there was so they thought that relay was faulty. I had a funeral today so have not got the new relay in. I will let you know if the relay works. Thanks, Danny
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Hi Thank you for that I am sorry for your Loss, God Bless with all do Respect, parts people are parts people,they are not Techs, you did replace the relay valve same problem, I suggest The dash valves,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did not have to change the dash valve. There was nothing wrong with it. So I do not believe that you helped me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can send you copies of the two valves that I did change and if you want to call me at(###) ###-####I would be happy to explain what was wrong so that you may be able to help the next person that has my problem. Thanks, danny.
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Hi DannyI am happy to hear you have it going I can not have Personal phone calls , Per JA rules Sorry I did not help ...... Wayne
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wayne: In fact, you did not help, however, you were doing the bet that you could with limited information. The next time that I have a problem, I will ask for you because I am certain that you were sincerely ***** ***** help me. Take care, Danny.
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Hi Thank you for that not being there and seeing,it is hard to find issue
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wayne: You or your company have charged my account even thought you did not help me. Please contact me or have someone from your company contact me. Thank you, Danny
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
MorningI do not have any control over money, or policy,I don't work for them, I work from home,answering questions, that was a deposit, I will request a refund for you
Expert:  go-west.. replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I have seen this all the time. Looks like one of the maxippots at the back is feeding back internally. Cap off the emergency side air to one brake pot at a time on the rear and retest one will stop the airleakand tjthat is the onetthat will have to be replaced