Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

My truck shows a fault 1 code. But is telling me its a power

Customer Question
loss but its not losing...
My truck shows a fault 1 code. But is telling me its a power loss but its not losing power as of now it's still running fine and trans. Doing what I'm reading about the service light and F signal what should I do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
7/21/2015
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Click this link to access the video on retrieving the complete fault code. Let me know what you have for fault codes.Fault code retrieval
My truck shows a fault 1 code. But is telling me theirs a power loss but truck is running fine as of now and trans. Is given the service light and and fault code
Call me
This video did not help me with what I was asking
My truck 2007 not 05
Have paid and no answer
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Hi, I need more info to help. I need the complete fault code info that you will need to have it scanned or retrieve the fault codes through the display. Fault 1 is not the complete code. I will opt out for another expert to help further
Technician: Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician replied 2 years ago
Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience: International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter
Hi my name is ***** ***** I would like to try and give it a whirl ! Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ?
I don't know the code when it was put on the computer it only said something about power loss but I have power so I'm lost
Put on computer and reading power loss but no power loss as of yet
2007 international 9400i eagle automatic transmission
OK thanks for the info . if you can provide the last 8 digits of the vin number , I can look up what you have for a transmission specifically and then we can have a better idea of what to do . Was there an issue with the shifter not powering at any time or possibly a no start issue with shifter not coming on at key on?
7c337934 vin
Main problem is the power loss put on test even took it to international in McKinney TX. Two people give me two different answers one day it could be turbo boost other person said it sound like egr was going out
Ok so you have engine power loss , not tranny ecu electrical power loss .
I understand now ! Was a little confused ! Sorry ! Any fault codes on Insite ? Did you have an engine light on at any time ?
Comes on and off the engine light does
Do you have access to a scanner to read the fault ? I can then send you the troubleshooting for it once we know exaclty what is going on ?
I'm driving the truck right now but when I did get it on the computer it told me power loss
I need fault code numbers to be able to get the right troubleshooting steps
You mean fault1
No that does not help ! It needs to be a cummins fault code with 3 or 4 digits or an SPN number with an FMI number .
How can I get it because my fault 1 is on right now
Are you using a scanner ?
No sir don't have one if nothing manual then I have to take it to shop and pay more money and the shop is the people with no answer
Where are you getting code 1 from exactly ? The dash ?
Are you getting this from the cluster ?
The dash
If possible , can you take a photo of it with your laptop or phone and attach it to here please ?
See like now the engine was off for like1hour and fault has gone but when I drive like 15 miles it comes on
Have you checked the fuses in the battery box ?
Yes sir I have and I also have two new battarys that I replaced
I have sent you an additional offer to use skype and have an audio conversation .
This way , if you're near the truck with a laptop or something , we can have an audio conversation and get this figure out together .
I have all wiring diagrams and manuals needed to do this . As well as the knowledge from 12 years at international to assist .
we can continue on here but it is much slower . Skype is more direct with capability of sending files , having audio and video at our disposal should we need it and you can reach me on there next time you need me !
Yes sir the dash
You lost me ! What about the dash ?
I'm bob tailing back and no fault as of now but when I have a trailer that check engine light comes on
Ok so we need to check which fault has come up .
No trailer no fault 1
With trailer hooked up I get a fault 1
What is the fault ?
Do you still need help ? Do you have access to a scanner ?
Yes getting it checked tomorrow
Ok Once I know the fault , I can send you the desription of fault and the troubleshooting steps to fix it .
Ok
Talk to you soon then
Hi there ! Just looking for an update on this. Do you have the fault code numbers?
Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician