Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Jeremy. I have a 5 truck fleet in San Antonio and the shops

Customer Question

Hi Jeremy. I have a 5 truck fleet in San Antonio and the shops out there are killing me with the labor and parts pricing. The latest bill is a 650.00 charge to tell me that the axial power turbine went bad. I am not a mechanic but am mechanically inclined. Im tired of getting ripped off from every shop I have tried. I find it hard to believe that it took 5 or 6 hrs to check the APT. The estimate to replace the apt and the gearbox with reconditioned parts was 15,000 and they said there may be oil in the DPF filter, which i do agree with, AND engine damage from metal running through the motor when it blew. I have done some research but to no avail. All information stops shy of explaining to me what to look for and where to start. Im flying to TX on Sunday to try and get this 2009 Cascadia back up and running without a 20,000 dollar bill. When they gave me the quote, I told them I didnt want a new engine installed!!!! Im getting quotes from 200.00 to 3,500 to clean the DPF and the DOC filters. Need some bias guidance please. 2009 Cascadia with a DD 15 motor. Serial number is ***** Thanks
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you. I'm sorry you're having all this trouble with the shops out there. Something that caught my attention is the mention of metal in the engine. Was it determined a to what that metal is from? 5 hours to check the axel is a bit much. I agree with that. I would dispute that for sure. Oil in the dpf is not good. That can come from the engine or the turbo and will need to be evaluates a bit more to see what hat oil is coming from. With that oil getting in there, it can cause the filter to burn up the waffle inside of it and you will end up needing to repalce it. Now on their cleaning cost of $4500, tell them to kick rocks for Cummins can do them for $300-400 all day long to clean them out. That is the average price. $3500 is just ripping you off. Who is doing the repairs? Doggett or an independent shop? __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy