Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Cat man please Check engine light is on I have an extended

Customer Question

Cat man please
Check engine light is on I have an extended crank about 7 seconds engine starts but is in reduced power mode I believe idles fine accelerates poorly I will not go over 45 does not seem to miss engine runs smooth unable to pull a code start easly other than the extended crank
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Thanks for asking your question and requesting me! I will try and help you out.
What engine do you have?
Does the yellow check engine light stay on while the engine is running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry got sick on the road
3126
Already had it fixed it was a bad turbo pressure sensor, so I would like to change my question if that's okay, is there any manual way to pull trouble codes on a 3126 without a scanner can you make it flash the codes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it a good idea to check and adjust valves and if yes at what intervals
Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 years ago.
Yes. It's easy to pull codes. Here is how.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 years ago.
Use the following procedure to retrieve the flash codes from the check engine light: Turn the ignition key switch to the On position/ Engine OFF.Turn the cruise control ON/OFF switch to the OFF position.Move the SET/RESUME switch to either position. Hold that position until the yellow lamp begins to flash.The yellow lamp will flash in order to indicate a two digit flash code and the SET/RESUME switch may be released. The sequence of flashes represents the system diagnostic message. Count the first sequence of flashes in order to determine the first digit of the flash code. After a two second pause, the second sequence of flashes will identify the second digit of the flash code. Any additional flash codes will follow after a pause. These codes will be displayed in the same manner. Flash Code 55 indicates that No Detected Faults have occurred since the ignition key switch has been turned to the ON position. Let me know what two digit code you get and I can tell you what the problem is.