Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

Andy. so did able to delete from ecm egr and dpf. for

Customer Question

hello andy. so did able to delete from ecm egr and dpf. for offroad use?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I would like to help . I know of some who have tried but it is very difficult to do with maxxforce 13 or any navistar engine . The one that I know of always has active codes in it that he can never get rid of .
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
It is not a good idea . It doesn't matter where you run it , It will affect our atmosphere wherever you are whether on highway or off road . And the fines are astronomical if you are caught doing so ! I highly recommend not doing so ! The engine was designed with these systems in mind . Changing the design could cause some more complications down the line !
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I se. The main think to have those think deleted from ecm. I'm don't matter about codes. At soon as it rum I'm happy.
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Are you having troubles with an engine ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. Last time about two weeks ago I paid 7100$ to change egr coolers . Dpf filter.egr valve.etc. and truck have 560000 miles. This is 3 time this yeare. With same problem. And few days ago I get code for egr again. .. I just working to pay dealer for repair no money in my pocet... Will you call me so we can talk detail if any idea how to get of it.
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ? I would like to look at its history .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HERE IS THE LAST 8 OF VIN. AN189132
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
I checked your history ! On June 8 , it was at a dealer for a low coolant level code an a derate code related to either coolant temp, oil temp, or plugged dpf .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yeh. The print 20 pages what they did. ... and 7k .of my valet.. the question is same . You can or not?
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
I don't know of anyone who did it successfully without codes coming up and issues . No ! Sorry !
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ! Looking for an update ! Any luck ? Do you need anything ? Let me know ! Thanks !
Please do not forget to rate my service to you at the end of this session . That is the only way that I am rewarded on here . Thank you .