Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have twin freightliner trucks both with 2007 series 60 engines

Customer Question
the only difference is before...
I have twin freightliner trucks both with 2007 series 60 engines the only difference is before we bought the trucks they changed one trucks trans to a 13 speed from a 10 and now they are totally different trucks the 10 speed truck has way more power and performance, someone told me that if u change a trans on these newer engines you have to reprogram the engine to match it if not it will derate the engine is this true?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
7/3/2015
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. If you are doing a manual to manual swap, no. If you are doing a auto shift swap whether it be auto to auto or manual to auto and vice versa, yes. You have to program it or it will limp mode on you. Otherwise on a manual to manual, you only need to move the speed sensor over and the harness, change the parameter for the gearing (which can be done later for best performance and to turn the torque setting up), and change the top speed for the transmission. I'm presuming this is a manual to manual swap so all you need to do is put it in and go. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy
Is there anything else needed to assist you?
Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician