Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter
30303843

I am working on a cummins ism 350st engine #35189861. I

Customer Question

I am working on a cummins ism 350st engine #35189861. I can't run a manual regen becuase it says the brake or clutch is depressed. I went into the parameters to see which one it was and it shows both depressed. I have disconnected the switches, used a
jumper wire to bypass them, and they still show depressed. How do u go about troubleshooting this
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help ! Can we start with the full vin number please ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2hsceahrx8c643040
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Thanks . I will send u some wiring diagrams on this as soon as I get home from work if that's OK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay ! Got tied up later at work ! Are your brake lights staying on ? This would tell us your brake pedal may be stuck from a seized pedal pivot . Try cleaning around the pedal with a blow gun and lubing the pivot and make sure you pull up on the pedal .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Brake lights are not on.
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
OK so problem is likely related to the clutch pedal switch .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
According to insite it says that both are depressed
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
I will dig some more into the wiring diagrams after work today.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still there
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
I am here ! Sorry ! Had to leave and go to a hospital 6 hrs away from home for an appt . I am there now ! Do you want a wiring diagram for this to help out ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
I am currently out of town but as soon as I get home tonight , I will dig that up on my computer for you .
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g02i6qgbgldl1ih/cruise.png?dl=0
Sorry for the delay ! Just got home ! Here is the wiring diagram . If you need any connector views and locations , let me know . Thanks .
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ! Looking for an update ! Any luck ? Do you need anything ? Let me know ! Thanks !
Please do not forget to rate my service to you at the end of this session . That is the only way that I am rewarded on here . Feedback is important and Bonus is much apreciated . Thank you .