Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Good morning, I am in a 2015 T680 it has a stock in dash

Customer Question

Good morning,
I am in a 2015 T680 it has a stock in dash am/fm radio. I have an in dash sat. radio. I also have the little u shaped radio removal tools, however when I try to pull it out only comes about half way out. Is there a ground strap holding it in? If so how do I access the back of the radio. Don't see any screws to take the dash apart. Thanks Stann.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will try to help you with this there should be no ground wire on the back of radiowhat is holding it is the antenna wire and harnesstry giving it a little tug , see if it comes loose
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried that already.
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Hi
you have the face plate off, are you leaving the release tools in the radio when pulling it out
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes to both
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
OK,
I can not help you
I will opt-out and put to the board for another expert
Sorry I could not help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Around the dash plate, that plastic trim, you should be able to pry up on that and snap that off which will give you access to the screws underneath it to be able to remove the plate that the radio is in. Then you can get access to the back of the radio. Have you tried that yet?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.
I see you looked at this. Do you need more assistance with this or are you good to go?