Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a meritor 12 speed transmission in a 9200 series International

Customer Question

I have a meritor 12 speed transmission in a 9200 series International displaying a fault code of FP. In order to stop the vehicle I had to choke it out. It then wouldn't go into gear and when it finally did, wouldn't go out of gear, the tow truck driver then turned the truck off while it was in gear. Truck is sitting at an International Dealership waiting to be serviced and Im trying to be a little pro active. The computer for transmission, wiring harness, voltage regulator and shifter were all replaced 2 years ago April for the same problem. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Last time took six weeks to repair, I fear that I will be out of business if I have to wait that long again. Thanx, Justin Blackburn
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Copy and paste this link in your browser to access the fault code retrieval procedure and then let me know what you have for complete codes.
https://www.zf.com/na/content/media/united_states/corporate_replacement_parts_1/service_portfolio/class8/TP01110.pdf
If you could get me the transmission model number it would also be helpful. It is on the transmission ID tag.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will have to wait for shop tech to get it. Don't know when they will get to it, truck is currently 90 miles away
Thanks for the update. That's not a problem... Just follow up when able. Also doubel check the fault codes per the manual I posted to get the full list of codes. https://www.zf.com/na/content/media/united_states/corporate_replacement_parts_1/service_portfolio/class8/tp20170.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
don't know if its possible but if u could call Steve at Maney International service department, truck is currently in the shop and he should be able to give u any information that u might need. Their number is(###) ###-####
Im not sure if we are aloud to contact third parties without an additional services offer. Let me check with the site about the rules on that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanx
Pleasure to help. I have not heard back from the site moderators as of yet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
talked to service rep, hes supposed to b e retrieving tranny model number and get back to me. I'll try to get any additional fault codes, how long r u available
I log in periodically throughout the day as I am able in between jobs and family time in the eves. I will always reply back to you posts on my next available log in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The model number for transmission is(###) ###-####Serial number is *****
Thanks for the update. That first number does not look like a Meritor Model number. Copy and paste this link in your browser for the troubleshooting manual and fault codes list. Have the shop get the fault codes logged. Let me know
http://graphicvillage.org/meritor/MM0150.pdf