Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter
30303843

My 2007, 341 Meridian is equipped with 330 Cummins diesels.

Customer Question

All of the SmartCraft analog gauges (battery, oil, temp, tac etc.) on both upper and lower helms are not working _ have power but no data. Have checked all of the on-line wiring, fuses, etc and can't find anything wrong.
Any idea what could be causing this?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can ! Can we start with the engine serial number please ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. The engine numbers are:
46627356 port
46608582 starboardBoth have 514 hrs
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any fault codes active ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, but what are fault codes?
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Is there any engine lights on ?
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Engine warning lamp
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No engine lights or warning lamp.
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
But every gauge related to the engines is not working ! Is this correct ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Correct
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
oil pressure , tach , temperature , etc...
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
There is a twisted pair of wires wrapped in a black covering called j1939 datalink
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Andy. I will check for that I'm the am.
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
One wire is green and the other is yellow . They are twisted at a rate of about 2 twists per inch . These wires are the communication highway from your ECM to your cluster . You need to follow that from the cluster down to the ECM and make sure that the connections are tight and no damage anywhere .
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
I will try and locate them on a wiring diagram to tell you exactly where they are on the ECM chassis connector .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will do. Can I talk to you tomorrow?
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
I work days at a truck dealership but we can get together again tomorrow night after supper or so like around 6-7 pm eastern .
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/deynij993d5hwg7/cummins%201.png?dl=0 This diagram shows them as being on pins 46 and 47 of the OEM connector at the ECM . This is the large connector furthest away from the small power connector on the ECM
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ! Just looking for an update ! Do you still need help with this ?
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Do you still need help with this ?