Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Hiya my lorry is pushing out white smoke

Customer Question
hiya my lorry is pushing out...
hiya
my lorry is pushing out white smoke
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
6/23/2015
Technician: spankyjr1, Journeyman replied 3 years ago
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for requesting me.
What engine do you have,,yr,make, and model number please?
Let me know
ford iveco euro cargo 75e15 reg number is ***** aua
What YEAR?
Are you loosing any coolant?
Does it run good with good power?
Let me know
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see,
smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same
A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took
to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me
know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks
spanky
T reg its not loosing coolant yes power is fine
I'm sorry I can't assist you if you won't answer my questions.
I asked you two times already what year this was.
I'm opting out, please don't reply to me, someone else will respond when they can,,experts come/go throughout the day/night.
I don't know when someone else will respond.
Good luck
i dont know the year only that it is t reg
im sorry im not very good with year of vehicles thats why i told you it was a t reg thought you would know what year that was
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 years ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. White smoke is either injectors or coolant entering the combustion chamber from a possible failed head gasket or if newer model with EGR, a failed EGR cooler. Check for signs of white ash deposits at the turbo and exhaust manifold that would indicate coolant burning in the combustion chamber. Also using a block tester to test for combustion gases in the cooling system will help determine a head gasket problem. Let me know
hiya the lorry is running fine not over heating or anything just this white smoke like i said weve changed all the filters we are fitting a new lift pump tomorrow. i will get them to check later if there is white ash at the turbo and exhaust manifold
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 years ago
Thanks for the update. If it is not from coolant and youre not loosing coolant then you are likely looking at an injector problem. Try running the overhead adjustments to see if it clears up and check the timing. Let me know
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 years ago
Hi, Did you get this resolved? Let me know if you need more help or please feel free to rate if my information has helped as that is how the experts receive credit for their time on the site.