Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

Good morning , Im stumped on these engine codes we have on a

Customer Question

Good morning , Im stumped on these engine codes we have on a 2010 maxxforce engine. ESN is 125HM2Y4101312 , has 530,000 miles . It has FRP exceeded maximum and FRP below minimum with maximum command. Replaced fuel filters , checked for leaks and replaced
FRP sensor. Were not familiar with these Maxxforce engines. Thanks in advance for your help.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help ! Can we please start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ? Also I need the fault code numbers you are getting ! thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I'll have to get it in the morning thanks
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good thanks ! Then I will be able to give you step to troubleshoot this ! Have a good night !
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ! Just looking for an update! Do you have the vin number ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he vin is Bj360097
Our servicemaxx doesn't show the code # ***** some reason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried sending you a picture of the servicemaxx screen but the file is to big
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Is the unit acting up right now ? Try clicking the refresh button at the bottom to see if the codes pop up ! I would watch the fuel rail pressure on a road test to see if it is able to get to around 28000 psi . If it does but all of a sudden , you lose power , and watch rail pressure again , and it doesn't seem to go higher than about half of that now , it's because your fuel rail pressure relief valve has tripped and relieving some of the fuel back to the fuel tank . Your relief valve may be weak .
3333 -Fuel Rail Pressure above maximum
Possible causes :
Biased Fuel Pressure Control Valve or circuit
FPCV circuit OPEN
FPCV stuck closed
Biased Fuel Rail Pressure sensor or circuit
Here is the troubleshooting :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0e7nxdz4zkntvx3/fuel.png?dl=0
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey Andy , the code descrription is there but the actual code number isnt. The codes that its coming up with is both inactive , FRP exceeded maximum and FRP below minimum with maximum command. The truck derates and shuts off. I havent got it to duplicate. the occurance has only happened twice. Ill run threw the trouble shooting and let you know . Thanks again Andy
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
If there are no code coming up and all you had was the frp code, please try checking the grounds at the right side of the engine just ahead of the starter. Make sure connections are tight and not corroded and that the low pressure charge air cooler studs that the grounds connect to are tight as well . This could be a bad ground problem . I have seen this before on those model year of trucks. I work for an International dealership and so , you get to know the commonalities between different model year trucks.
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ! Just looking for an update ! Do you still need help with this ? Let me know ! Thanks.
Please do not forget to rate my service at the end of the session ! That is the only way that I am rewarded on here ! Thank you !