Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2000 C 12 in Kenworth is not running right. Driver says that…

Customer Question
2000 C 12 in Kenworth...
2000 C 12 in Kenworth is not running right. Driver says that coolant was low and he put 1 gallon in and after that truck ran fine.
Now however it runs crappy again
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answer in one day is not good enough.Does the engine derate because of low coolant? remember that it is a 2000 C 12 in a Kenworth truck. My 2003 C 15 does not derate when low on coolant.
6/18/2015
Technician: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 7 years ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Hi. Thanks for asking your question and requesting me. Sorry for the delay. I will try and help you out.
Does the yellow or red engine warning light come on while driving?
When you say crappy. Do you mean it has low power? Or does it miss or run rough?