cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

There goog morning I have setts of air out of the air control

Customer Question

Hi there goog morning I have setts of air out of the air control valve the turbo opens and shuts while this is scurrying it loses power it occurs on uphills
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I would be more than happy to assist you today.you have a lot of air escaping the turbo control valve? Any faults present?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Electrical faults over 262
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 2 years ago.
What are the fault codes? Do you have a lot of air escaping the turbo control valve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pid 411 electrical faults inactive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In sperts on up hills. Short sperts
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Air control valve is the one with air sperts on drivers side
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Rough idle more fuel consumption les tork and turbo pressure at 1/2
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 2 years ago.
ok
CODE REASON EFFECT
Fault Code: 2273
PID: P 411
SPN: 411
FMI: 3/3
LAMP: Amber
SRT:
Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve Delta Pressure Sensor Circuit - Voltage Above Normal, or Shorted to High Source. High signal voltage detected at the EGR differential pressure sensor circuit.
EGR valve actuation will be disabled
Verify the electronic control module (ECM) calibration is correct. Check the calibration revision history for applicable fixes to the calibration stored in the ECM. If necessary, recalibrate the ECM.
Possible causes of this fault code include:
An open return circuit in the engine harness, connectors, or sensor.
A signal wire shorted to sensor supply or battery voltage.
A failed EGR differential pressure sensor.
There should be no air leaks at the control valve or Turbocharger Control Shutoff Valve Filter Head,I have seen failed out of the box actuators along with control valves they will leak air. I would run on a dyno and verify the leak is from the valve or actuator and not a loose boost hose or clamp. Check for leaks at the charge air cooler too. It is best to use soapy water to assist if finding a air leak.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What are the values supposed to be for differential egr and sensors thank you for your help truley appreciate d
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 2 years ago.
The fault code is set active when the EGR differential pressure sensor is reading higher or lower than a calibratible value that is set in the ecm calibration
The exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) differential pressure sensor has two ports that sense exhaust pressure. The sensor outputs a voltage which represents the pressure difference between the two ports located across an orifice in the EGR tube. The electronic control module (ECM) uses this pressure to determine how much exhaust gas is flowing in the EGR connection tube to the intake manifold. This information is used to control the EGR valve for correct emission levels.
The ECM provides a 5 volt supply to the EGR differential pressure sensor on the sensor supply circuit. The ECM also provides a ground on the sensor return circuit. The EGR differential pressure sensor provides a signal to the ECM on the EGR differential pressure sensor signal circuit. This sensor signal voltage changes based on the differential pressure in the EGR crossover tube.
The EGR differential pressure sensor measures the exhaust gas pressure drop across the EGR differential pressure orifice. This pressure drop is used to calculate the amount of EGR flow into the intake manifold.
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 2 years ago.
Hello just following up. Do you need more assistance?Please don't forget to rate my service
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 2 years ago.
Please don't forget to rate my service