Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Do u have a wiring diagram temperature sensor on a

Customer Question
do u have a wiring...
do u have a wiring diagram for the temperature sensor on a freightliner fld(###) ###-####Detroit 60 series
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
the radiator fan wont cut off on a freightliner fld(###) ###-####with a 60 series Detroit engine ,Need wiring diagram
the check engine light is not coming on from a Freightliner fld 120 97 .Do u have a wiring diagram
6/17/2015
Technician: Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician replied 3 years ago
Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience: International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter
Hi there ! Sorry to hear you are having trouble! My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can ! Can we start with the full vin number please?
Good morning : The Vin # ***** .I remove the transmission and the engine I rebuild both .I had a broken crankshaft .Everything was working before I remove them ,I replace the sensor harness (Used ) .I have 12 volts on the fan solenoid. If I ground it cuts off .The A/C is working .The temperature gauge is not working .and the jakes are not working . The check engine light is not coming on when u turn the key .Thanks for your help
Thanks for the vin . I will look this up after work and send it to you.
Can you please tell me which engine you have ? I know it is a Detroit engine but is it series 50 , 60 . ddec III or IV ?
60 series /ddec IV
Ok thanks !
please try to send me tonight some idea where I could start tomorrow to get this truck on the road
I am trying right now but am having technical difficulties currently to acces the wiring diagrams . Will keep trying though and hopefully get back to you tonight ! Sorry for the inconvenience !
When are u going to be able to get the diagrams ?
I will try now for you
I am able to access it tonight ! I am assuming that you do not have EGR because this is a 1997 engine so here are the diagrams ! There were two diagrams and I enlarged them for better viewing but in doing so , I had to split them in half because they were too large . You just need to print them and piece them together like a puzzle . Please do not forget to rate my service to you at the end of this session and again , sorry about the delay ! https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bzehoreyswm6f5/f1.png?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/98wu92fjtnysp2i/f2.png?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/4fyu5df4zq5xzk8/f3.png?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4cwj3tptsu01p5/f4.png?dl=0
I received your diagrams but I need the diagrams from freightliner ,how u expect me to find the problem with those ,cant u get them ,please
Thanks
I will try! What exactly are you looking for ? engine brake circuits on chassis ? coolant temp sensor circuit on chassis too ?
the temp sensor is not working and the fan clutch wont cut off ,I remove the engine and transmission out of the chassis ,Something is disconnect . Please let me know if u have access to freightliner electrical diagrams asap.Thanks Victor
Do you have engine light on with a code for the coolant temp sensor - out of range ? The wiring I sent you already will help with the coolant temp sensor . The fan is also controlled bu the ECM and that should also be in the wiring I sent !