Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a2006 western star low max vin# ***** an I have lost

Customer Question
all power to the bunk...
I have a2006 western star low max vin# ***** an I have lost all power to the bunk no interior lights no power to the fridge no power outlets no blower motor everything in the bunk has no power I have power in the front fuse panel to the bunk is there another relay or fuse besides the one in the front panel the fuses in the drivers side box are all good but there is no power back there not even to the low voltage disconnect
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
6/16/2015
Technician: Joseph Book, Tech replied 2 years ago
Joseph Book
Good morning, did this all happen at once or is it progressively lose more and more power. Also are your dome lights working inside the cab
it happened all at once an they are working in the cab everthing in the cab works just nothing in the bunk
the only thing not working in the cab is the switch for the bunk air
Ok, let me look through my resources and I will get back to you shortly
Sorry for the delay, I am suspectin that the low voltage disconnect circuit may be at fault.
NOTE: If the LVD deactivates (removes power
to the cab/sleeper loads), it must be reset prior
to performing a functional test. If the batteries
are discharged below 12.3 volts, charge the batteries
before performing any troubleshooting
procedures. The LVD can be reset by starting
the engine. Once the LVD senses 13.1 volts or
more, it resets automatically.
1. Shut down the engine.
2. Unplug the 10-position connector from the LVD.
3. Remove the wire from cavity E on the connector,
and wrap a small piece of electrical tape around
the exposed wire.
4. Insert the connector into the LVD with wire
BA22D still removed.
NOTE: The red LED indicator light on the LVD
should turn on when the connector is inserted.
5. Insert a metal conducting probe into cavity E of
the connector, making sure contact is made between
the metal probe and pin E on the LVD.
6. Connect a jumper wire between the terminal on
wire BA22D and the test probe inserted in cavity
E.
NOTE: The electrical loads, such as interior
lights, will remain OFF even though an electrical
connection exists between circuit BA22D and
pin E. The LVD needs to be reset after removing
the plug from the LVD.
7. Reset the LVD by starting the engine. The dome
lights should come back ON, and the red LED
indicator light on the LVD should turn OFF.
8. Shut down the engine.
9. Remove the metal test probe from cavity E.
NOTE: After removing the test probe, there will
be a delay before the LVD disconnects the cab/
sleeper loads. If equipped with the optional
warning buzzer, it will sound for 60 seconds.
After the time delay, the cab/sleeper loads
(dome lights, for example) will shut OFF, and
the optional warning buzzer will shut OFF.
10. Disconnect the jumper wire from BA22D.
11. Remove the 10-position connector from the LVD.
12. Insert wire BA22D into cavity E of the connector.
13. Insert the connector into the LVD.
14. Start the engine to reset the LVD.
15. If the LVD does not operate properly after performing
the functional test, perform the troubleshooting
procedures. We need to check this so we can continue on.
I will go try this now and let u know
did that no difference didn't help
Ok, we are making progress, I indestand it can be frustrating, but here is the next steps included in this link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3d2t40a7fmnfvl7/2631_001.pdf?dl=0
Joseph Book
Joseph Book
Joseph Book, Tech