Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

AC not working 07 Western Star with ATC.Where is fan clutch

Customer Question

AC not working 07 Western Star with ATC.Where is fan clutch relay located?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concerns.
I'm really confused. Please verify your information.
You A/C isn't working, but you are wanting to know what controls the fan clutch? As in the radiator fan clutch?
Also, the DD15 was not put in the 2007 Western Star. That engine wasn't marketed until the 2nd quarter of 2008 for the model 2009 vehicles. So please verify that information as well.
If possible, please provide the full VIN on the vehicle so I can provide accurate information.
What does the ATC have to do with the A/C or fan?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Automatic Temperature control. Series 60 not DD15. 5KKHAECK87PY81945.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.
ATC also stands for Automatic Traction Control which is what I thought. Sorry about that. With the ATC, do you get codes for that system failing at all? With that system, it is all electronic so you should have codes for the failure on that module, if the issue is related to that side of the system.Does the blower work on all speeds? Does the blend doors work? Has the pressure in the system been checked to see where the pressure is at with proper psi and amount of refrigerant in system? If the blower works and the blend door works wioth no codes, the inside or ATC is working normal. That would mean the issue is on the pressure side or the switches for the pressure side.If you put power to the clutch, will it engage normally? Does the fan come on when the switch is turned on or come on normally to cool the truck down when hot?