Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a international prostar 2013 mmaxforce engine,

Customer Question
Hello I have a international...
Hello I have a international prostar 2013 mmaxforce engine, it has a problem where I need to put a half of gallon of oil every 3 or 4 days i was noticing that the blowby canister is leaking excessive oil but I'm not sure if that's causing the problem, do you think that canister can be the problem, thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
6/13/2015
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman
Hi I'm Wayne
I will help you with this
do you get pressure out of dip stick, or smoke
at oil fill cap, do you see pressure
oil splatters
let me know

Thank you Wayne theres no pressure out of the dipstick, or no smoke there is oil splatter on the bottom of the truck, and there's oil drips from the hose that comes straight down From the blowby canister best to the small turbo, when it comes back from a trip it looks like it leaks oil from that hose and it's splatering the bottom of the truck. What I also notice is that the power steering resovoir was over flow and we haven't filled it up with oil

Hi
Thank you or that
there should be a filter in that canister
replace or clean it ,may be plugged up
I don't recall if they are serviceable,
or have to replace it
If this helped you, Please rate my answer
If Not, Please USE REPLY BUTTON FOR MORE INFO

I was checking it and it is not serviceable I called the dealer and they told I need to replace the whole thing if It's bad. Do you think that what happened with the power steering resovoir oil overflowing there might be related to that problem that it might be returning oil or somthing?

HI
Yea, was not sure on that year
if it was serviceable,
any way , yes, that being clogged
causes pressure against the P/S pump seal, and pushing oil in
Hi
I'm just following up with you
Did my answer help
Let me know