Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a fault code 12:1 611_14A and no power to the a/c compressor.

Customer Question
already replaced thermistors and electrical...
i have a fault code 12:1 611_14A and no power to the a/c compressor. already replaced thermistors and electrical plugs for them.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
its a 2005 4300i with dt466
2005 mid year
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/11/2015
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help For your fault code here is the description.
611
14
12
1
4007/Bus 1603 E
Connector #4007 Pin #E Electric horn under current
The Current from this output is below 0.5 A
Open circuit
For your AC check for a complete system charge to be sure the pressure switches are getting enough pressure to allow the compressor to cut in. If so check for a faulty switch and harness. Other potential causes are fuses and relays, Faulty harness or pressure switch. Check the harness and pressure switches. Let me know
so the fault code is not related to the a/c issue? what should the refridgerant level be, decal is missing & tech @ dealer said 2lbs.
I would like to work with a different expert
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Hi, It's Dan. Sorry for the delay. I had an emergency with my 5 year old daughter this morning I had to tend to so now trying to get caught up on responses as I just got her into bed. No that fault is not AC related. Here is the complete international truck AC spec chart for your charge specs.
1000/2000/4000/5000/8000/9000 Models, 1993 - 2000
Refer to S16019 for troubleshooting
Comp. Type
R-134a Qty
Oil Type
Oil Qty
8000 with sleeper box
CCI
4.5 lbs (2.0 kg)
Ester oil (ZGGR725025)
16.0 oz (473 cc) (ref. only, see S16019)
-
Sanden
Pro Sleeper Models with side mount filter access panel
CCI
4.0 lbs (1.8 kg)
Ester oil (ZGGR725025)
-
Sanden
3.0 lbs (1.4 kg)
PAG oil (ZGGR725028)
10.14 oz (300 cc) (ref. only, see S16019)
All other models/ configurations
CCI
3.5 lbs (1.6 kg)
Ester oil (ZGGR725025)
-
Sanden
5000i/9000i Models, 1999 - Current
Refer to S16019 for troubleshooting
Comp. Type
R-134a Full Charge Qty
Oil Type
Oil Qty
All
CCI
4.0 lbs (1.8 kg)
Ester oil (ZGGR725025)
-
Sanden
3.0 lbs (1.4 kg)
PAG oil (ZGGR725028)
3200/4000/7000/8000 HPV Models, 2001 - 2006, Orifice Tube System
Refer to S16025 for troubleshooting
R-134a Full Charge Qty
Oil Type
Oil Qty
All Models
30 oz (0.85 kg)
PAG oil (ZGGR725028)
10.14 oz (300 cc)
3200/4000/7000/8000 HPV and ProStar Models, 2007 and up, Expansion Valve (TXV) System
Refer to S16034 for cab system troubleshooting
Refer to S16039 for ProStar sleeper troubleshooting
R-134a Full Charge Qty
Oil Type
Oil Qty
ProStar Day Cab
40 +2/-0 oz (1.13 +0.05/-0 kg)
PAG oil (ZGGR725028)
10.14 oz (300 cc)
ProStar Sleeper
48 +2/-0 oz (1.36 +0.05/-0 kg)
PAG oil (ZGGR725028)
10.14 oz (300 cc)
All other models
36 +2/-0 oz (1.02 +0.05/-0 kg)
PAG oil (ZGGR725028)
10.14 oz (300 cc)
SPECIAL NOTES: 1. Oil and refrigerant quantities above are for the standard system. Be sure to check for body or other "add-on" systems that may be connected as this will change the quantities required.
2. Be sure the high and low side caps are present and tight since these caps serve as secondary seals to prevent potential leakage from the Schrader valves.
GOT ANOTHER CODE OUT OF IT...........9:2, 611_14A IS THAT A/C RELATED?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Yes it is. That is for a compressor clutch short. Here are your HVAC codes. Also, the original code you had shows in this chart that your ESC software is out of date.
Diagnostic Chart 'A' (HVAC Diagnostic Trouble Codes)
DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE
FAULT DESCRIPTION
611 14 9 1
Compressor clutch under current (open circuit)
This Diagnostic code indicates that the current in the compressor clutch circuit is <0.5A. This condition is the result of an open, or a high resistance, in the compressor clutch circuit.
Refer to AC COMPRESSOR CIRCUITS .
611 14 9 2
Compressor clutch over current (short circuit)
This Diagnostic code is the result of a short to ground in the compressor clutch circuit or a short across the compressor clutch solenoid.
Refer to AC COMPRESSOR CIRCUITS .
611 14 9 3
Compressor clutch current, higher than open circuit level, but lower than normal low current level
This Diagnostic code is the result of one or more high resistance connections in the compressor clutch or in the clutch circuit current path.
Refer to AC COMPRESSOR CIRCUITS .
611 14 9 4
Compressor clutch current, lower than fusing level, but higher than normal high current level
This Diagnostic code is the result of less than normal resistance in the compressor clutch circuit (probably due to shorted windings in the compressor clutch solenoid).
Refer to AC COMPRESSOR CIRCUITS .
611 14 9 6
Compressor clutch has current flow when commanded OFF.
This Diagnostic code is the result of a defective ESC.
Replace the ESC.
612 14 27 1
HVAC outlet thermistor out of range low
This Diagnostic code is the result of a short to ground in the outlet thermistor circuit.
Refer to AC REFRIGERANT THERMISTOR CIRCUITS .
612 14 27 2
HVAC outlet thermistor out of range high
This Diagnostic code is the result of an open, or a high resistance, in the outlet thermistor circuit.
612 14 29 1
HVAC inlet thermistor out of range low
This Diagnostic code is the result of a short to ground in the inlet thermistor circuit.
612 14 29 2
HVAC inlet thermistor out of range high
This Diagnostic code is the result of an open, or a high resistance, in the inlet thermistor circuit.
612 14 30 1
+5V reference line out of range low
This Diagnostic code is the result of a short to ground or a low resistance on the +5 Vdc reference line; or a defective ESC.
Refer to AC PRESSURE TRANSDUCER CIRCUIT .
612 14 31 1
This Diagnostic code is no longer valid.
If this Diagnostic code is displayed, the ESC software is out of date and must be updated.
612 14 31 2
HVAC pressure sensor out of range high
This Diagnostic code is the result of the sense circuit shorted high, or an open in the 0 Volt Ref circuit.
613 14 1 1
Air inlet fault
This Diagnostic code is logged as the result of the fresh/recirculate air door actuator motor being in the wrong position or unresponsive.
(Detected by HVAC control head.)
Refer to AIR INLET TROUBLESHOOTING table .
613 14 1 2
HVAC hot/cold temperature mix control fault
This Diagnostic code is the result of the temperature door actuator motor being in the wrong position or unresponsive.
(Detected by HVAC control head.)
Refer to HEATER/AIR CONDITIONER TEMPERATURE MIX TROUBLESHOOTING table .
613 14 1 3
HVAC mode control fault
This Diagnostic code is the result of the actuator motor for the mode doors being in the wrong position or unresponsive.
(Detected by HVAC control head.)
Refer to MODE SELECTION TROUBLESHOOTING table .
613 14 1 4
HVAC multiple faults
This Diagnostic code is the result of two or more of the previous three faults being active.
(Detected by HVAC control head.)
The ESC prevents A/C compressor operation.
Refer to the appropriate following troubleshooting tables.
AIR INLET TROUBLESHOOTING Table .
HEATER/AIR CONDITIONER TEMPERATURE MIX TROUBLESHOOTING table .
MODE SELECTION TROUBLESHOOTING table .
613 14 1 5
HVAC control head fault, loss of communications with the ESC
This Diagnostic code is the result of an open circuit, short to ground or short to voltage on the digital diagnostic line between the HVAC control head and the ESC.
Refer to HVAC CONTROL HEAD CIRCUITS .
613 14 1 6
This Diagnostic code was to be logged when the ESC sensed that the system refrigerant charge was low, but not too low to operate. Under certain conditions, the sensitivity of the system could cause this code to be set even though the system was correctly charged. This Diagnostic code was discontinued with vehicles built on and after May 18, 2004.
If the ESC is registering this code, reflash the ESC; then, check the operation of the A/C system.
If the A/C system is setting DTC's, locate each DTC in table 3 and follow the instructions.
If the A/C system is not operating correctly, but is not setting DTC's; locate the symptom in DIAGNOSTIC CHART 'B' (SYMP***** *****ST) and follow the instructions.
613 14 1 7
HVAC system SERVICE NOW - LOW CHARGE
This Diagnostic code is logged when the ESC senses that the system refrigerant charge is too low to allow safe operation. The code may be caused by any of the following:
(1) Faulty Thermistor Circuit
(2) Refrigerant Leak
(3) Improperly Charged System
Refer to the REFRIGERANT CHARGE TROUBLESHOOTING table .
613 14 1 8
HVAC system SERVICE NOW - VERY LOW CHARGE
(1) Faulty Thermistor Circuit
(2) Refrigerant Leak
(3) Improperly Charged System
613 14 1 9
613 14 1 10
HVAC system SERVICE NOW - HIGH HEAD PRESSURE
This Diagnostic code is logged when the ESC senses that the A/C refrigerant system pressure is above acceptable levels. Vehicles with viscous fan will not set this fault unless vehicle speed is greater than 20 mph. The code may be caused by any of the following:
(1) Faulty Pressure Transducer
(2) Blocked Condenser
(3) Faulty Fan or Fan Drive
(4) Restriction in High Pressure Side of System
(5) Air/moisture in System
(6) Too Much Oil in Refrigerant System
Refer to HIGH HEAD PRESSURE TROUBLESHOOTING table .
613 14 1 11
613 14 1 12
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson