Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a 2015 peterbilt with an ISX 12 with a fault code 1483-09.

Customer Question
What does this code mean?...
I have a 2015 peterbilt with an ISX 12 with a fault code 1483-09. What does this code mean?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Sometimes the truck will run about 6 seconds then shut off. But most of the time it will crank but not fire and run.
I have cked the power pins on the ecm coupler with no power reading. Did not ck Pin 5 which is the key power.
The truck has battery cut-off switches and those have been replaced. Also cked the TWO ecm fuses in the fuse box on the firewall under the hood......both of those were good
I call a mechanic friend and his guess is that the truck needs a new wiring harness. This truck has had issues before with low voltage to the ecm. Had it to Peterbilt in Williston, ND and they corrected some battery cables and said the body builder caused the problem.
We have cked all the grounds we can find, tightened them up and cked all connections in the battery box.
the engine number is(###) ###-#### ***** power pins are 1, 25,26,27,28 and the grounds are 49,50,51,52,73. These are the pins I cked with an initial spike of 13-14v then a drop to .08-.09 this is what I was referring to when I said there was no power to the ECM . . . . not enough to allow the trk to run.
6/11/2015
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi Mike, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. First clean and inspect all grounds and battery to starter connections and test your batteries with a digital tester to check for dead cells or internal battery problems.Also check your alternator output to be sure it consistently puts out 1-2 volts above battery voltage. If ok then check and try bypassing your LVD module ( Low voltage disconnect module) which is in place to protect the ECMs from voltage spikes. If the LVD has a problem this could potentially cause the issues you are having. YOu can bypass for test purposes by connecting the two large power wires on the same post. Also check your main power relays in case one is potentially faulty. Let me know
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Hi Mike, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson