cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

I have a volvo truck with a cummins engine and the driver was

Customer Question

i have a volvo truck with a cummins engine and the driver was drinving the truck and suddenly the engine turn off
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
iits a cummins n14
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I would be more than happy to assist you today.Are the check engine and stop engine lights coming on and going off when you put the key in the ON position?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 2 years ago.
Ok are they staying on indicating a fault code? If so what is the code present? Will the starter crank the engine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the lights stay on, and the start its working, but i cant give u a code we don't has the software for cummins
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 2 years ago.
You should be able to flash it out either with a DIAG switch or putting the key in the on position put cruise control switch on and hold accl/decl switch up or down. Watch the check engine light flash and record the fault. @@@ pause @ pause @@ would be fault 312 and so on. Let me know
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 2 years ago.
Hello just following up. Do you need more assistance?Please don't forget to rate my service
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 2 years ago.
Please don't forget to rate my service