Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have problem with my sterling truck in morning i start the

Customer Question

I have problem with my sterling truck in morning i start the truck and he shot off i start agein he stay litle longer i check all conection all good more i start longer he stay on
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Does it shut down instantly like you turned off the key switch or like it is starving for fuel? Is the check engine light on and if so what do you have logged for fault codes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He shut down instantly like you turnd ofc key no chec engine light no faults
Thanks for the update. When you first turn the IGN switch on the check engine light should come on and cycle with the key. Let me know if this is the case. IF not the ECM is not communicating from either a loss of power and ground or an ECM problem but I see you replaced it already. Be sure the ECM software was programmed with the correct settings and the most current updates for your engine serial number and truck configuration. Let me know. Also be sure the ECM is getting engine speed signal from the speed sensors or the injectors will not be commanded to fire.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When i turn the key all lights come on and go off i check fuse for ecm and is good some time he will run for a minut some time for hours
Is the tach working consitantly or are you loosing tach signal when this happens? If so it could be a loss of engine speed signal which does not always throw a code.