Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Have 2002 with dt466 auto. Full battery, light panel comes

Customer Question

Have 2002 with dt466 auto. Full battery, light panel comes on, but not even a click when you turn the key.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Using a test light first see if there is power at the small S terminal at the starter solenoid in the cranking position. If so you have a solenoid/starter problem if the batteries, cables and connections are good. If there is no power there in the cranking position check your fuses and relays particularly the start relay. Try swapping with another relay for test purposes. If ok and there is power at the relay check to be sure the relay is getting ground from the ECM. Test fr ground and once again try to run a separate ground for test purpose. Let me know