Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I still having Ac problems and also driver stated that the…

Customer Question
I still having Ac problems...
I still having Ac problems and also driver stated that the 1st gears clutch having problem , do you have a shop I can take my truck or best place that they know what are they doing ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
6/6/2015
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 3 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concerns.
I'm presuming an auto shift?
What is the location you are at and I will look at the shop network list I have for the good shops.
2010 international pro star , At this moment is loaded on the way to Tewksbury MA, so the story is that the AC stop blowing cold air for a day and then start working back on. But then one day stop completely blowing cold air .we send it to the shop to replace the thermistor and update the system at the dealer and started blowing cold air againg , but after a week it stop blowing cold air again. Then, started working again after 24hrs , also was having so 1st gear problem on the clutch, but also the problem disappear and am afraid that Ac will go out again because it was like that before. Can you tell me about anything about this
Technician: Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician replied 3 years ago
Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience: International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter
Hi there ! Sorry to hear you are having trouble! My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can ! Please try reseating the connections at the thermistors. You may have a dirty connection there causing your ac to cut in and out like that. Or it may be possible that you are low in freon and it is only working on the days that are hotter because you have higher pressures that day because of the temperature. It may need to be topped up if it hasn't been looked at in a few years.
Have you had any luck with reseating the thermistor connectors ? They are the input sensors to the body controller . They tell the body controller what temperature the evaporator inlet and outlet temperatures are and then , the body controller decides from that information whether to turn the ac clutch on or off .
Hi there ! Looking for an update on this!Do you still need help ? Let me know !
Happy to help further if needed !
Please do not forget to rate my service to you at the end of this session ! That is the only way that I am rewarded on here . Thank you