Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

We have frieghliner 07 model with a twin blower cat engine

Customer Question

We have frieghliner 07 model with a twin blower cat engine with a automatic transmition the driver accidentally shut truck of in second gear we took the battery cable loose and reset computer now the truck is showing its in neutral but it's still not cranking what do we need to do to get it started
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The truck is showing active code one.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Copy and paste this link in your browser as it is the manual that will explain how to get your fault codes from the transmission using the shift controller. Also let me know what you have for codes logged in the dash display. usually removing power will allow the ECM and TCM to reset but in some cases there can be other problems. Let me know what yu have for both engine and transmission fault codes.
http://www.wellertruck.com/pdf/tsupp/EatonTS/Gen3%20Autoshift%20Ultrashift_Ultrashift%20Plus%20Troubleshooting.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It s still showing active fault one after disconnect and reconnect. Showing N but still won't start.turned key off and on now showing fault one
That is not a fault code but just a message indicating there is a fault. On the dash display, press an hold the mode button to get to the next screens to access the complete fault code numbers. Let me know what you have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
data recorder not responding
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
code 71 stuck engaged
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can it be jumped at starter
Thanks for the update. It sounds like it is mechanically stuck in the gear the driver shut the truck down in.The TCM is reset to neutral but the truck is actually likely in gear still. If the truck is in gear then be sure the driver pushes in the clutch and holds it in if you were to try to start the engine by jumping the starter carefully so no one gets injured. It would be safer to use a remote start switch. Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
was box on top of tranmission. wrecker driver knew exactly what it was when we told him about what truck was doing. thanks but you got it wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi, I am sorry you misunderstood me but That is what I said. The shift bar housing on top of the transmission is what shifts the gears. There are actuators that shift the gears on the autoshifts. I said that when the driver shut it off in gear it was mechanically stuck in gear meaning the shift actuator was still engage in the gear he shut it down in. The ECM is trying to find neutral but the truck is mechanically in second. I rebuild Eaton transmissions. sorry for the confusion but you did not understand what I was explaining or I was not clear enough in my explanation.It is the "Box" shift housing that shifts the transmission. Here is my post again
"Thanks for the update. It sounds like it is mechanically stuck in the gear the driver shut the truck down in.The TCM is reset to neutral but the truck is actually likely in gear still. If the truck is in gear then be sure the driver pushes in the clutch and holds it in if you were to try to start the engine by jumping the starter carefully so no one gets injured. It would be safer to use a remote start switch. Let me know."
Anyway. Glad you got it resolved.