Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a 2005 350 vision I cant keep the filter primed.replaced

Customer Question

I have a 2005 350 vision I cant keep the filter primed.replaced pump filter&oring
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concerns.
What fuel filter system is on this? The one with the clear glass? If it is the one with the clear glass, you have to check balls on there that tend to go bad on them. One is at the fuel filter inlet and the other is on the bottom, under spring pressure. The one on the bottom tend to suck in air so I would check it first and replace the o-ring in it. Then I would replace the other one at the fuel inlet. The inlet one, you can see that one when you pull the filter out. It will be a white ball held in place with a spring and a piece of plastic. It is really flimsy so it does go bad often and cause prime loss.
The one on the bottom doesn't lose prime, it just sucks air. It keeps fuel from flowing back into the filter when the truck is off. The one at the inlet keeps it from flowing back to the tank.