Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have ism 500 cummins motor bus will no get oil pressure n

Customer Question

I have ism 500 cummins motor bus will no get oil pressure n start
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What are you getting for fault codes logged? Also just to be sure we are on the same page the engine will crank but not start and has a low oil pressure warning? Did this occur originally while running and shut itself down?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Truck has no oil pressure at all.bus just cranks.xont read no battery volts no temp code says oil pressure
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey u still there
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can coumpture be bad
Thanks for the update. Try installing a mechanical gauge to verify whether or not you actually have an oil pressure issue.You can check your oil pressure at the sensor port or by using another plugged port on the oil filter housing assembly. Copy and paste this link in your browser for the component locator diagram I uploaded for you. I believe you should see around 35PSI oil pressure on your gauge. Let me know. I will be logging in and out throughout the day as I am able for follow ups. I have my daughter visiting for the weekend.
With the IGN switch on the check engine light should come on and cycle with the key on. If it is not it indicates the ECM is not communicating from a loss of power or ground or a faulty ECM. There should be inline fuses between the battery box and ECM. Check the fuses and the connections. If this checks good but you still have no check engine light cycling you likely could have a faulty ECM.... Have the dealer try to plug into it and also reflash/reprogram the software or try to find a test ECM ( used working) to see if this solves your problem. Let me know