Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

DETROIT ENGINE

Customer Question
Detroit 60 . cruise is...

Detroit 60 . cruise is not working. clutch brake, service brake  and parking brake switch is good, check with diagnose , but cab climate control is not currently transmitting the data content "engine speed" and engine #1 is not currently transmitting the data contant cruice control status, show on diagnose software.

so some body ..... any body

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
5/30/2015
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 years ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If the clutch and brake switches are definately good then check the harness and connector pins for damage or corrosion. It is likely that your jake is not working as well which is common when there is either a faulty switch or the loss of ground in that circuit due to loose connections or a faulty switch. Test with an OHM meter for ground as on Freightliner and some others the circuit grounds through the clutch switch for both Jake and cruise. Test for ground or jump the cicuit to ground and see if it works for test purposes. On Frightliner it is circuit D953 on the cruise switch which should be two wires. They share ground with the park brake and the service brake for input to the ECM. Ohm that to ground.Let me know. I will be with family for some time today but will reply back on my next available login

jake is working too.

is there cruise switch in air manifold , may I know which one, I replace service brake switch.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 years ago
Year , make, model chassis truck?

year--11/06 model "con" or century..make freightliner, vin 1FUJBBCK17LY58375

WHY DD DIAGNOSE SOFTWARE SHOW engine #1 is not currently transmitting the data contant cruice control status,

OFF ROAD CRUISE IS WORKING. AND I APPLY PARKING BRAKE ITS COME ON IDLE,

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 years ago

Sounds like your park brake switch is bad. The park brake switch lets the engine ecm know if you are using cruise switches for cruise or fast idle. This is a very common switch to fail. The air manifold is located in lower section of the middle dash. I am attaching a diagram of the air manifold with all the switches. Check the park brake cutout switch. Unplug it and stick a paper clip between the 2 wires and try fast idle. Unplug paper clip vice versa.

Also, if your truck is equipped with optimized idle, the park brake circuit goes thru a couple more switches and could be one of them. Does your speedo and tach work? I have to run out for a while with family but I will reply back at my next login. Let me know the results.

I have probe , parking brake cut off switch show ground and 6.7v and when I will apply parking , 6.7v show ground (mean green light in probe)

yes tachometer is working. and speedo meter too

yes tachometer is working. and speedo meter too , drl parking cut out switch or parking cut out switch , I replaced service switch

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 years ago
Hi. I prefer to use a digital multimeter to test both voltage and OHMs for continuity. I am not sure how accurate the power probes are for testing for a good ground. You could show ground but there still could be hgh resistance in the wire. When using OHMs you want to see close to zero or similar to if you toughted the two test leads together. The symptoms sound like a swith or harness problem to the switches or possibly betwen them and the ECM. Check the connectors , wires and cnnector pins for damage. Verify the continuity in the switches and grounds with an Ohm meter to get an accurate measured value. Let me know. The Detroit software can also quickly show the switch status as it seams you have this software? The other suggestion if all switches and the harness checks ok is to be sure you have the most current software updates and all the parameters in the ECM are correctly set. Let me know