Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Good Day Gentlemen!, I could really use some help. We have a…

Customer Question
Good Day Gentlemen!, I could...
Good Day Gentlemen!, I could really use some help. We have a 09/2006 Peterbilt Model 387. Vin 1XP-7DB9X-3-7D664907, C15 engine ESN NXS06878. The truck was towed in with ( according to the customer) a burning electrical smell and some smoke from the fuse
panel area under the hood. I see no visible damage so far, and was going to power it up to verify the point of the issue. However, in their haste to stop the progression of a possible electrical fire, the driver removed all of the fuses and relays from the
inside fuse panel behind the glove box. The problem I am having is that I have no reference as to where the different amp fuses and relays and turn signal flasher go. The under hood panel cover has one, but not the one behind the glove box. Can anyone supply
me with a chart showing the location of fuses and relays for this panel? Thank You Robert B.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
5/28/2015
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 3 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you. Look in here for the fuse panel diagrams. There should be 2 diagrams giving the layouts. This one here is off the Peterbilt site.
Let me know if these work for you or not. Thanks!
Thanks Jeremy,
Unfortunately, I already went through those diagrams. None of the stuff I could fine online shows the fuse and relay location for the accessory box behind the glove box.
Thanks for your help.
Anybody else maybe?Robert B.
I will opt out since that is all that I have. Maybe someone else has something better. Thanks.