Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

High soot level will not reset or let truck regen.

Customer Question
after DPF was cleaned...
after DPF was cleaned
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
5/25/2015
Technician: roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks replied 2 years ago
roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist
what is the year, make, model, engine and last 6 of the vin???
Roy
2008- Mack- mr-688s- 1468 Frontloader-VIN 001052
ok, I am a Detroit guy. I will re post this for you for someone with mac experience.
Roy
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concerns.
Are you using PTT 1 or 2 (the new tech tool program)?
Using Bosch newest version
not sure what you are asking PTT?
PTT is the Volvo Premium Tech Tool that the dealers use. In it, you can manually reset the soot filter so you can do a regen and clear the code.
I apologize for I don't know how to use the Bosch system so I will opt out of this question. I only use PTT.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Let me know the complete engine model in this truck and please post all fault codes you have logged in the ECM. Also, Was the DPF filter baked and did you check the Catalyst/DOC for excessive soot as well as for exhaust restrictions? LEt me know
I gave the VIN # ***** previous e-mail so should be able to get engine model from that.
Only fault code is high soot level 255%. Filter was baked, this system did not have a DOC or Catalyst.
Checked all BP tubes.
Please cancel my order!
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Hi, I can help you with this as I worked for my local Mack Peterbilt dealer in the past but I can not look up VIN information unless I myself called the dealer as I do not have the dealer only software. I can see you are frustrated that there has been a couple responses but you still have your troubles. I have some Mack service information I could likely help you with but my material is by engine model number and also listed by fault code numbers. There is thousands of pages of info and several engine models for Mack and Volvo I have and I can not search it by DPF High soot level but if you have the Full code number with the SPN number and FMI number I can quickly find the information to help you troubleshoot the code. In some cases if all active codes and repairs have been made you need to reset the ECM with the dealer software and be sure you have the most current updated software. This is of course if the sensor and harness is confirmed good and not giving false readings. Let me know if you would like to post the engine model and full code numbers so I can gather some info and post it for you or if you want to close this question. Ill be glad to help you with either. Please try to post this information in your initial question to help the experts know whether or not they have the information you need to begin working with you.
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson