Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter
30303843

I have a cummins 5.9 isb in a 1999 rv starts fine when it warm

Customer Question

I have a cummins 5.9 isb in a 1999 rv starts fine when it warm up it shuts down then restart shut down 30 sec. or less . let cool down over night start up fine my run 20 to 30 min tell warmed up them shut down restart shut down 20 sec or less replaced temp and oil pres. switch replaced lift pump looked at all grounds and power to ecm and all fine. need some help thanks mike
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ! Sorry to hear you are having trouble! My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can !Can we start with an engine serial number please ? Also have you checked for codes ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry had to get the book # ***** the only code I got was oil pres and it was replaced

Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
ok and now the oil pressure code is gone after replacing the sensor ?
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ! Looking for an update on this! Do you still need help ? Let me know ! Happy to assist further if needed ! Thanks.
Please do not forget to rate my service at the end though . That is the only way that I am rewarded at all on here . Thank you .
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ! Haven't heard anything in a few days ! Looking for an update ! Do you still need help ? Let me know ! Happy to help further if needed. And please do not forget to rate my service to you at the end ! That is the only way that I am rewarded on here . Thank you .