Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Have a problem with a 1994 international 4700 with a 7.3 will

Customer Question

have a problem with a 1994 international 4700 with a 7.3 will not start
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
warning light comes on does not go out when you turn on the key, intermittant wait to start light, relays under hood on firewall are clicking, truck will not turn over then it will but will not start
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check for good fuel pressure and fuel supply at the regulator and to the injectors and the fuel pump and regulator are functioning. You should see around 65-85 PSI. If ok you could have low Injection control pressure for a faulty IPR, injector o rings, leaks in the high pressure rail, ICP sensor, or faulty high pressure pump. let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The engine won't even turn over I get no wait to start light just the warning light every once in a while it will turn over but then stops and won't do anything when you turn the key to start position
Thanks for the update. Check to see if your check engine light and gauges are cycling with the IGN switch on. If not check the inline harness and fuses between the battery box and ECM as well as the fuses and relays in the cab and engine compartment. Test the small S terminal wire for power with the IGN switch in the crank position. If there is power but a no crank then you have a starter problem. If no power check the neutral safety or clutch switch depending on if auto or manual transmission. Let meknow
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.