Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

Cummins M-11 engine serial number 34868148. Injector #2 is

Customer Question

Cummins M-11 engine serial number 34868148. Injector #2 is not firing. wiring is new, injector is new , ECM is new( actually 2nd one first "new" one was bad) . Had this issue after second new ECM. But cleared up and ran fine for 3-4 days after another
new injector. Tried another new injector today with no change. Cylinder head was changed a year ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
In some cases a shorted injector can damage the ECM.If the ECM was replaced before the injector was there is a chance the injector shorted out the new ECM and the ECM needs replaced again.I have seen this occur before in the past and had to replace the ECM again to correct faults like this here.
If this only occurred after replacing with the second ECM this may be an internal ECM fault with it needing replaced.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete