Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Bad ground somewhere when driving the truck will shut off but

Customer Question

bad ground somewhere when driving the truck will shut off but being in motion the engine will start back up thinking its a bad ground 2002 freightliner with cat C16
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the connections between the batteries and starter including all grounds. Also check the inline fuse and harness for corrosion and loose connections. Inspect the ECM connector and engine harness connector for problems and damaged pins. If ok you could have a faulty Cam ( engine speed sensor or harness). Let me know if you have any codes logged and if so what codes. Be sure to check the IGN switch for worn contacts and also poor connections as well as the fuses and relays. Doing a wiggle test on the harness with engine running sometimes helps uncover loose connections if you can get it to shut down.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.
Hi, Hope you have a great weekend. Reply back if you still need more help or if the information I provided so far you are satisfied with.