Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Cat m2106 water gauge or heating not woking

Customer Question

cat m2106 water gauge or heating not woking
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cat_engines_only replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am not familiar with this model. Can you provide the serial number? Maybe I can find some manual for this and help you. Is this a CAT machine or a CAT engine in some other model machine?I can find information on most engines but, if it is a part from a different OEM machine I won't have much to work with for manuals.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its a caterpillar engine c7 freightliner
Thanks for the reply.I am not familiar with the truck but, I can tell you the engine has been know for failed thermostats. I have seen this on several of the Ford F750s around my area.If you have not replaced them (some engines use two) try that first. If your engine has the two different types, use the one with the bypass seat over the bypass port in the housing. (usually the front one) If they both have the seat, it is ok, most changed to that style anyway. It will not matter that the housing only has one port.I can get some information on the engine but, I do not have access to truck manuals.If this does not fix the problem, let me know and I will OPT-OUT of the question and someone else can help you with the truck part. NOTE: if you need detailed engine information, I must have the full engine serial number.