Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Can a that fell into an oil pan on a Cat 3412 engine cause

Customer Question

Can a nut that fell into an oil pan on a Cat 3412 engine cause problems or is it ok to leave it until the next overhaul.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Thanks for asking your question! I will try and help you out.
Over the years I have seen nuts dropped down into the oil pan. I have not ever seen them cause a problem. Just as long as you are sure the nut has went to the oil pan. I have seen nuts not make it to the oil pan and cause engine damage when it was started.
If the nut is small you should be able to drain the oil and get the nut out.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 2 years ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful. Please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks!